Software Development Chapter Area Lead
As a software development area lead, you will provide general support to your developers including performance assessments, progression planning and be involved in recruiting new team members. Working closely with chapter leaders you will ensure the structured and coordinated planning of development. Your technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the support and guidance required being able to support and assist developers even at a code level. Partnering with the Area Leaders, CIO and Architects you will define and maintain a smooth software development process. You'll quickly raise and remove any impediments, clearly escalating and communicating across teams and champion the technology strategy and roadmap across the business. You will implement and develop development guidelines, principles, practices and then you will encourage developers to contribute, participate and follow this guidelines or practices.
As a leader we expect from you to:
- Align Constraints – Help development teams to align their development processes to organizational standards. Encourage them to follow the guidelines, principles and development standards which is defined. Encourage them to contribute developing these guidelines, principles, and development standards.
- Develop competencies by improving coaching/learning processes, providing resources, constantly trying to find new ways/approaches, and trying to use them. Implement related tools and share his/her knowledge and experience.
- Empower developers to find a way to have them solve the problem themselves. Consult, advise and delegate developers to solve problems, join in discussion and initiate new ideas.
- Energize People with make their working environment more creative, supportive and find ways to help them do their best work.
- Improve IT Processes – Participate in discussion and implementation of new IT initiatives. Improve SDLC processes, define higher standards, help development teams to involve and make contribution in these initiatives.
- Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
- Strong knowledge of SDLC processes
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design and patterns.
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Experience in the development of software using C# and .NET (Core) stack.
- Experience in relational database development using Microsoft SQL Server
- Hands-on experience in design and implement web services (SOAP, REST).
- Hands-on experience in source control systems (GIT, SVN)
- Has experience and strong knowledge in CI/CD (preferable Azure Pipelines).
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Comfortable working without routine supervision
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
- Strong organizational skills, excellent time-management, strong oral and written communication, excellent mentoring ability and strong motivator.