What is GoPeer? 🤔
We are building the next wave of what online education looks like, starting with improving the quality and lowering the cost of tutoring.
GoPeer has built a digital classroom where K-12 students learn from vetted college students, bringing cost-effective and high-quality education to every kid in the world.
We're looking for creative and ambitious people to join our team! We'd love to talk with you.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience are of high-quality.
- Use and evolve our design system in order to craft flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Build and iterate on features that drive an understanding of how to use GoPeer.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our design processes.
- Interview new product designers and actively advise on our design hiring process.
What skills and experience do I need? 📖
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving and system modeling, through to detailed UI, visual, and interaction design.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems.
- Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, engineering, research, and analytics.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A desire to make things better. A balanced sense of optimism and humility.
We are still a scrappy little startup, and would love you to join us on our journey to becoming the #1 online education platform.