Blocshop is looking for a Senior Android Developer
Who is Blocshop ?
Blocshop is a boutique development shop established in 2012 that strives to be a center of technical excellence in eastern Europe with offices in Prague, Brno and Tbilisi. We have an established client base and a core team that has been working together for the last 10 years. The company is run by a former developer who has been on the management side of things since 2005. As a result, Blocshop is focused on the developer experience, and is a place where smart people can come together to produce high quality code.
Join a highly motivated team with a passion for learning new technologies. We regularly organize skill improvement activities like internal workshops and training, contributing to open-source projects and participating in online programming contests.
Blocshop provides high-end Laptops with additional monitors for all developers.
Out office is located in a comfortable co-working space – Terminal (34 Abashidze st.), but we are very flexible with working remotely from home.
What’s the Job?
We are looking for experienced developers to join an upcoming project using native Android development for a company located in Europe which produces “ethical smartphones”.
What will I do?
- Taking part in mobile application development using Kotlin/Java
- Adhering to Agile development principles and SCRUM practices
- Assisting with effort estimations during Planning meetings
- Assist in software architecture decisions and review team members’ code
- Collaborating with development teams located in Czech Republic
What type of developer are you?
- You have watched at least one webcast about development or technology in the last month
- You are a member of an online IT community and/or read tech blogs to stay on top of things
You like the idea of using the best technology to build out cleanly architect-ed solutions
What type of experience do you have?
- Senior level Android development experience (Kotlin/Java)
- Software design patterns for mobile development (MVC, MCx )
- Leveraging and properly using all major SDK constructs
- Gradle and Android Studio
- Advanced knowledge of testing specifics of Android including unit, functional, and UI testing
- Clean Code architecture
- Skills to write clean, self-explanatory code using S.O.L.I.D. and design patterns
- git-flow, trunk based development
- English ability